32 Christian Inspirational Quotes to Lift You Up
Christian inspirational quotes can comfort us in times of darkness, help us to keep our eyes on the Lord, and simply motivate us to live up to the potential that God has for us.
Whether they’re quotes about life, quotes about overcoming adversity, or quotes about staying faithful in God’s plan, a few simple words can be profoundly motivating. Here are just a few of the best Christian quotes to inspire you.
Christian Quotes From Influential People
Sometimes the Bible makes more sense when the message is laid out in simple terms by inspiring figures. The following quotes come from such influential voices as Martin Luther King Jr., CS Lewis, Tim Tebow, and Billy Graham.
- “If God is for us, who can be against us?" Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life.” - Charles Stanley
- “May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love. It is there for each and every one of us.” - Saint Therese
- “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” - John Piper
- "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie ten Boom
- “May you open your hands, dropping all that troubles you at his feet. Gently letting go with each exhale. May you rest in the promise that you are never alone. Your beautiful story has already been carefully and meticulously written just for you.” - Unknown
- “Remember who you are. Don't compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” - Lysa TerKeurst
- “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” - Francis of Assisi
- “Look for Christ and you will find him, and with him everything else.” - CS Lewis
- “Christ literally walked in our shoes and entered into our affliction. Those who will not help others until they are destitute reveal that Christ's love has not yet turned them into the sympathetic persons the gospel should make them.” - Timothy Keller
- “Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.” - William J. Toms
- “I'm not perfect. I'm never going to be. And that's the great thing about living the Christian life and trying to live by faith, is you're trying to get better every day. You're trying to improve.” - Tim Tebow
- “I trust the next chapter because I know the author.” - Unknown
- "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us." - Saint Augustine
- “God is looking for those with whom He can do the impossible. What a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves.” - AW Tozer
- “My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.” - Brennan Manning
- “If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart.” - Oswald Chambers
- “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion; it is like a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” – Billy Graham
Inspiring Christian Quotes From the Bible
Did you know that the word “love” is used as many as 759 times in the Bible? What a powerful testimony. And even when the word isn’t being used, it permeates everything in scripture. Consider the following messages of God’s love.
- “Let all you do be done with love.” - 1 Corinthians 16:24
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10
- “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” - Isaiah 43:2
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.” - Proverbs 3:5-6
- “May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you His peace.” - Numbers 6:24-26
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” - Galatians 5:22
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” - Romans 15:13
- “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28
- “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” - Psalm 107:1
- “With God, all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26
Be Inspired Every Day
If you want to reflect on these powerful messages each day, many of the above quotes are available as inspirational signs and Bible verse signs. Just click the corresponding links above if you’d like to see the signs for yourself.
We hope that these messages serve as meaningful reminders of what’s truly important, and we hope that you’re touched by all of these simple but profound words.
Leave a comment